AIS Update on COVID-19: To all auto insurance customers, insurance companies may be issuing premium reductions and relief. We've provided a list of insurance companies and additional information. Learn more.
The Hawkeye State
Compare Iowa Auto Insurance Quotes From Multiple Companies
Iowa Auto Insurance
There are quite a few advantages to living in Iowa, as all Iowans know. Examples include close-knit communities, excellent schools and a high quality of life that doesn't come with an exorbitant price tag. This is especially true when it comes in insuring your vehicle. Did you know that Iowa has some of the lowest Auto Insurance rates in the nation? Given that fact, there's no reason why you shouldn't protect yourself from the potential financial difficulties that typically go hand-in-hand with auto accidents.
Auto Insurance rates in Iowa can vary more than you might think from one insurance company to another. That’s where Auto Insurance Specialists can help!
Try our simple form for an AIS Instant Quote®. This quote will be a range of our Auto Insurance partners' rates for the coverage you select. You even get to pick the price you like, too.
Required Auto Insurance in Iowa
One of the ways that Iowa drastically differs from most other states is that there is no law that mandates the purchase of Auto Insurance by the state's drivers. All that is required is for each driver to maintain financial responsibility and to show proof of that responsibility after an accident. Drivers can meet this requirement by depositing a cashier's check with the Iowa Office of Driver's Services or by reaching an agreement with anyone who is injured or sustains damage as the result of the driver's actions. However, the simplest way to demonstrate financial responsibility is to obtain an Auto Insurance policy.
To learn more about specific Auto Insurance coverage, visit our Car Insurance Coverage page.
Optional Coverage in Iowa
Just because you are legally able to drive without Auto Insurance, it doesn't mean that it's a good idea. If you get into in a collision, you may be held responsible for paying for the damage and injuries sustained by others who are involved. Without proper Car Insurance, you could be facing a financial crisis.
Below are some examples you may want to consider:
- Liability Coverage: This type of coverage will pay out any claims made by people who suffer injuries or property damage as a result of an accident that you cause. A Liability policy also covers injuries to those who are inside your vehicle at the time of a collision.
- Collision Coverage*: This policy provides a means for you to repair your vehicle in case it is damaged in a collision that is your fault. Since the average auto repair bill in the U.S. is around $3,000, it's quite possible that you could be left unable to pay a mechanic to restore your vehicle back to its original condition. Collision coverage protects you against this potential problem.
- Comprehensive Coverage*: In Iowa, auto theft, hailstorms, flooding and tornadoes are not uncommon. If your car falls victim to any of these mishaps, neither Liability nor Collision Insurance will cover it. Comprehensive Insurance will pay to fix the damage to your car or compensate you for the value of your vehicle if it is totaled or stolen (up to policy limits).
*Although Collision coverage and Comprehensive coverage are not required by law, they may be required in your car loan or lease contract with the lender.
Again, there is no law in Iowa that requires drivers to purchase Auto Insurance. But for most people, it's the most affordable and hassle-free way to demonstrate financial responsibility while driving in the state.
Most Stolen Car Models in Iowa
Auto Insurance rates may be higher if your car has more risk of being stolen. According to www.nicb.org, these are the top stolen cars in Iowa for 2017:
- Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)
- Ford Pickup (Full Size)
- Dodge Pickup (Full Size)
- Chevrolet Impala
- Chevrolet Malibu
- Toyota Camry
- Honda Accord
- Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee
- GMC Pickup (Full Size)
- Dodge Caravan
Iowa Auto Insurance Discounts
In addition, there's no rule or regulation that states you have to pay an excessive amount for Auto Insurance. Chances are, you are eligible for one or more discounts on your annual Auto Insurance premium. These discounts can leave you with even more money in your pocket to spend on other important things.
Some of the available Iowa Auto Insurance discounts include:
- Safe Driver
- Good Student
- Accident Free
To learn more about specific discounts, visit our Discounts page.
As great as it is to live in the Hawkeye State, there are plenty of dangers that can strike Iowa drivers at any time. If you fall victim to one of these perils, you could be left with a stack of bills that will completely wreck your financial situation. Auto Insurance can help protect you from fiscal hardship while also satisfying Iowa's financial responsibility requirement. Auto Insurance Specialists has been assisting drivers in obtaining adequate coverage at an affordable price for decades. Let the experts at AIS provide you with the essential Iowa Auto Insurance coverage that you deserve!